Teaching to Learn, Learning to Teach

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Classroom Control

Have you ever walked into that classroom in which you immediately knew if you misbehaved, you would be in BIG trouble? Maybe my biggest fear is not having this kind of control one day. Now, I don't want to be the "mean" teacher by far, but I think it might be difficult to become a disciplinarian. I have no problem putting students name on the board, taking away recess, etc., but will these things really work? I guess what I really need to assess is what age group I'm dealing with, the effectiveness of discipline in the past, and do the strategies coincide with my beliefs. I am really excited to go to my practicum and see how my teacher orchestrates his classroom. I'll keep you updated on any new tips and tidbits I unveil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home